It depends. The answer to this question isn’t just black and white because it depends if the pork is cooked properly and does not include any unsafe additives or seasonings.
Ground pork in general if cooked and all natural is good for dogs because it is high in protein. Dogs are carnivores by nature and require to have meat in their diet in order to live a healthy lifestyle.
Therefore it is great to give ground pork to your dog as part of their diet as long as it follows these guidelines.
Things that need to happen in order for you to be able to feed ground pork to your dog:
- do not give processed ground pork to your dog
- ideally it should be organic and all natural
- no seasonings can be added to the ground pork
- especially onion and garlic powder as they are toxic to dogs
- other seasonings as well such as salt can be toxic to dogs as well so they need to be avoided
- the ground pork needs to be thoroughly cooked so it isn’t raw in anyway as it could contain bacteria then
There are many health risks for dogs if they were to eat uncooked pork such as parasite infection, gastrointestinal illness and trichinosis.
Symptoms to Watch Out For
If you think your dog has eaten ground pork that is under cooked or had seasoning on it look for the following symptoms:
- Muscle inflammation
- Upset stomach
If you notice any of these symptoms it is best to contact your vet right away to get your pet looked after.
Maybe, dogs can safely eat ground pork under the right circumstances.
This means you need to make sure there are no seasonings on the ground pork. It needs to be natural and properly cooked. No salt should be added.
If you follow all these guidelines then ground pork can be great for your dog to eat and is a great source of protein in their diet.