Can Dogs Eat Mushrooms

Can Dogs Eat Mushrooms

Can I Feed Mushrooms To My Dog?

No Рyou definitely cannot feed mushrooms to your dogs because they are toxic and can make your dog very sick. The toxicity level of mushrooms on dogs range from severe to generally mild.

The issue with mushrooms is that you cannot easily determine which ones are toxic and which ones are non-toxic and therefore you run the risk of causing your dog to get sick or even die by eating a mushroom.

Therefore it is best to fully avoid this situation altogether and not try and feed any type of mushrooms to your dog.

Some common symptoms to watch for if you think your dog may have accidentally ingested a mushroom include but are not limited to:

Walking drunk
Seizures
Nausea
Depression
Organ failure
Drooling
Tremors
Vomiting
Abdominal pain

As mentioned above only a small percentage of mushrooms are actually toxic but to find out which ones are and are not toxic is very difficult and should be left to experts (mycologists).

Therefore if your dog has consumed a mushroom by accident it may be best to contact your vet or a Pet Poison Helpline immediately for help.

Mushrooms can be fatal for dogs and should be completely avoided!

Shares