Can Dogs Eat Star Fruit

Can Dogs Eat Star Fruit

Can I Feed Star Fruit To My Dog?

No! You definitely cannot try and feed star fruit to your dog as it is poisonous to dogs. It has a toxicity level between generally mid to severe and therefore should be completely avoided!

Some common signs of poisoning from star fruit in your dog include:

Tremors
Inappetance
Drooling
Bloody urine
Vomiting
Changes in thirst and urination
Lethargy
Diarrhea
Weakness

Soluble oxalate-containing plants contain oxalate salts and oxalic acid is toxic for dogs in larger quantities. Especially smaller dogs can be effected more severely.

It is more common for large animals such as livestock to get poisoned by this fruit because of their chronic grazing but it can also poison smaller dogs if large enough quantities are consumed.

Therefore it is very important for dogs to avoid eating star fruit as it is poisonous to them.

Shares