No it is not recommended at all to feed dog food to your hedgehogs for a number of reasons.
The main reasons being:
- many dog foods contain corn which is bad for a hedgehog and very difficult for them to digest
- many kibbles in dog foods are far to large for hedgehogs to eat and can pose as a choking hazard
- lots of dog foods are relatively low in protein and high in fat which is not good for hedgehogs
- dog food also does not contain the nutritional requirements a hedgehog requires for their daily diet
- many dog foods also contain meat by-products as a 3rd of 2nd ingredient which is bad for a dogs health
Therefore it is not recommended that you try and feed dog food to your hedgehog because overall dog food isn’t good for their diet.
There may be a few dog foods or treats that are okay for a hedgehog to eat but these foods are often very expensive and not worth risking giving to your hedgehog.
So in conclusion make sure you just avoid trying to feed dog food to your hedgehog and instead give them food that is formulated for their dietary needs.