Unfortunately the answer to this question is not so cut and dry that some people make it out to be.
Some dog owners say its safe to feed roast beef to your dogs while others advise against here. Here are a few of the reasons why for both sides of the argument.
Don’t Feed Roast Beef to Your Dog
- It has very little nutritional value for dogs.
- It has too much salt content
- Can cause your dog to have the runs
- Can give your dog an upset stomach
- The cooked bones are very dangerous for dogs and can be a choking hazard
- There are too many additives in roast beef that make the average roast beef bad for your dogs health
Feed Roast Beef to Your Dogs
- A little roast beef won’t hurt your dogs diet
- Some people just feed their dogs all the human food they eat
- Most dogs love the taste of roast beef and will eat lots of it
It is really up to the dog owner to decide if roast beef should be feed to their dog or not but the overall general consensus is that you should not feed roast beef to your dog.
There are just too many negative side effects when it comes to roast beef for your dogs health to consider it as a good idea to feed to your dog.
The salt content, the fat, the diarrhea, possible allergic reactions, possible vomiting, etc.
Therefore if your dogs eat a little once in a blue moon it should be fine but nothing more than that.