For those people who loves ducks they may want to learn a little bit more about ducks.
Here is a fun list of some facts about ducks that you may find very interesting. There may be some duck facts that will shock you while other facts are a bit more obvious.
Enjoy these facts and make sure to share them with your friends and family.
10 Fun Duck Facts
- A mallard duck roughly 8+ years in captivity and around 5 – 10 years in the wild
- A baby duck is called a duckling, a female duck is called a hen, and a male duck is called a drake
- A ducks feathers are very waterproof due to the nature of their waxy coat and interlocking feathers
- Ducks are omnivores which means they eat worms, insects, small fish, grubs and aquatic plants. Domesticated ducks are often feed bread but it isn’t great for their diet
- Ducks have been featured in cartoons over the years. Some famous ones include: Daffy Duck and Donald Duck
- It is a false tale that people say a ducks quack does not echo. It has been proven false and a ducks quack indeed has an echo
- Paradise Shelducks which come from New Zealand often only have one partner for life
- Ducks are related to swans and geese and are part of the Anatidae family of birds
- Sea and diving ducks look for their food underwater and can go fairly deep. The reason they can dive so well is because they have heavier bodies then other types of ducks
- Ducks are found in every continent except for Antarctica and live in both sea and fresh waters as they are mostly aquatic birds
So there you have it. 10 fun facts about ducks you may or may not have known about.
I know I’ve learnt a lot about ducks by researching and writing this post. We hope you enjoyed this content and share it with others.